Tuesday, March 14, 2017

My first week like EVS volunteer

My first week like EVS volunteer

            I was very dedicated to my travel to Macedonia. How will people here? What I can expect from my travel to Macedonia? What I will do like a volunteer? How will be my first fly? All of my fear was destroyed, when I came to Skopije Airport. Challenge accept. When I came to Kumanovo, was a dark. However –on my surprised everywhere was a people. A lot of people! When you go to the city center in Slovakia during dark, you can found a empty streets and some random person who looking for some places in town. People, which I met in Kumanovo is very hospitality and nice. Don’t worry!
            Everything here is new for me. New people, new friendship, new accommodation, new city, new culture, new language and letters – letters of course! and new working place, as well. How is my feelings from this all new stuff? Awesome! Everybody home person here trying me help when I have a some problem. Children in multi-kulti centrum is very open to meet new people, too. We are trying communication together and it is running in a good way. Sometimes we need help with translation, sometimes we use our body like means of communication, but in the end we found a way to talk together, as well. With children in Multi-kulti centrum we did a create workshop, like painting on glass, make a flowerpot, sport like ping-pong, and some cooperation workshop, playing a board games, etc…
            Ok, new language! Chellenge accept. I taught, that for me like a Slavic person from Slovakia, I don’t will have a bigger problem with language. But opposite is true, unfortunately. But I learn quikly, don’t worry. After our first language lesson I taught, that, OK Macedonian language, except letters, is a not so hard. But after second lesson I don’t think so! But we have a very patience teacher. And she must be! I think…  But I will see how I will moving forward in future with my Macedonian language skill.
            My first week in Macedonia passed quickly, I met a lot of new people not only from Kumanovo in Macedonia, but from Finland and French, too and like a voluntaries in Multi-kulti centrum, we start a new friendship, as well. I enjoy my free time here and I hope, that our good relationship will continue.
           

            

No comments:

Post a Comment